It’s finally here! The Carnivore Diet Podcast with Shawn Baker and Mike T. Nelson.
I documented my Carnivore Diet experiment in great detail on this blog post. If you need or want to see that as a prequel to this podcast, click that link.
Without further ado or introduction, here’s the show:
The Better Human Project #1: Dr. Shawn Baker and Dr. Mike T. Nelson
- Dr. Shawn Baker explains the Zero Carb Diet aka Carnivore Diet for people who are living in a cave and how it changed his life.
- Shawn explains the confirmation bias/echo chamber on forums from people who have tried the diet and say they are not doing well.
- Mike argues what are good markers of health? What concerns does he see with this diet?
- Shawn explains the issues he has with the RDI, standard American diet markers, and it’s context with the carnivore diet
- Find out Shawn and Mike’s reactions from Ryan as he shares his data from his experience of 30 days on the carnivore diet.
- How the animals you eat – and what they ate – impact the results of the Carnivore Diet?
- Shawn explains why the ratio of HDL over triglycerides may be a more valuable health marker than cholesterol
- Mike talks about the effects of high stress and having more micronutrients in the body
- Mike explains will give extra credit to his students that can find a peer reviewed study that not only shows kidney damage, but damage from high protein diets
- Find out the difference between sustainable farming and conventional farming and its impact on the environment
- Is meat a health disaster? Find out Shawn’s thoughts.
- Shawn gives his two cents on purchasing the best quality meat, labeling and environmental health impact
- Will a meat only diet affect the microbiome poorly? Find out Shawn and Mike’s reaction.
- January is World Carnivore Month! Find out how you can participate.
- Shawn and Mike give their final thoughts on why you should try it and keep an open mind.
- SBaker MD (@SBakerMD) | Twitter
- Shawn Baker (@shawnbaker1967) • Instagram
- Dr. Mike T Nelson (@MikeTNelson) · Twitter
- Mike T Nelson’s Website
- N Equals Many Website
- Dr Shawn Baker Explains His Carnivore Diet Results & Benefits of Eating Meat & No Vegetables
- CARNIVORE DIET: IS IT HEALTHIER TO EAT ONLY MEAT AND NO PLANTS?
- Potential Deficiencies on a Meat Based Diet
- Determination of Iron, Copper, Zinc and Manganese in Sausage, Poultry-Rabbit Meat, Viscera and Red Meats Consumed by the Population in The Canary Islands, Spain
- Iron Manganese DRI/RDA, benefits, side effects, overdose, toxicity, requirements
- Iron Deficiency and Iron Overload
- Iron, Meat and Health
- Reference Daily Intake
- Using Dietary Reference Intakes in Planning Diets for Individuals
- C-reactive protein
- Cholesterol ratio: Is it important?
- Making sense of cholesterol tests
- A1C test –
- Dietary protein intake and renal function
- Is Eating Too Much Protein Going to Harm My Kidneys?
- Liver: nature’s most potent superfood
- Go Wild: Free Your Body and Mind from the Afflictions of Civilization – John Ratey and Richard Manning (book)
- Health Benefits of Eating Organ Meats
- Dr. Julia Rucklidge: The surprisingly dramatic role of nutrition in mental health
- High Cholesterol, high HDL, low triglycerides
- HDL: The good, but complex, cholesterol
- Sustainable Vs. Conventional Agriculture
- 6 Problems with Monoculture Farming
- Joel Salatin: The Surprising Truth About Agriculture and Money
- The Truth About Impossible Foods, Meat Alternatives, and Feeding The World
- World Carnivore Month Jan 2018 – (YouTube)
- World Carnivore Month | January 2018 | Meat Heals – (YouTube)
Shawn Baker on The Joe Rogan Experience #1050:[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj_Bc9hdHa0[/embedyt]
- Joe Rogan (@joerogan) · Twitter
- George Eads (@GeorgeEadsTV) | Twitter
- Dr. Ann Childers
- Julia Rucklidge
- Joel Salatin
- Jose Antonio PhD (@JoseAntonioPhD) · Twitter
- EPIC (@EPICbar) | Twitter
- Taylor Collins (@feedthemane) • Instagram
- Dr. Michael Ruscio (@DrRuscio) · Twitter