ARE YOU OPERATING OUT FEAR OR LOVE?
I’m fascinated by what motivates and drives us.
Not in the sense of #MondayMotivation but MOTIVE, as in, why do we do what we do?
In most instances, I’ve found that our actions can be distilled down into one of 2 categories: fear or love.
Show me an action and I’ll bet we can trace it’s motive back to either fear or love.
So the developmental, or integrative question becomes: am I operating out of fear or love?
- Our best selves, the version of us that we want to be operates out of love.
- The version of us that we hide, chastise, loathe, etc: operates out of some type of fear.
- It’s important to note that we all fall into both categories. None of us exists solely in one place or on one side of this continuum – it’s a dynamic thing and our mission is to stay ever-vigilant (aware) as we view ourselves from that witness/objective viewpoint. I’ve found that asking this question is a very easy way to check in with something very complex and crucial: Am I operating out fear or love?
PRESS PLAY to tune in.
Links & Resources
- BHP Shorts 020: How Navy SEALs Overcome Fear
- BHP Shorts 006: Dishonesty Stems From Fear
- BHP Shorts 001: Fear vs. Anxiety
- Define Your Values Exercise
Follow Ryan & The BHP
- Ryan Munsey | Website | Instagram
- Better Human Project on Instagram
- Master Your Mind Online Course
- F*ck Your Feelings on Amazon or Audible