George Briones is a former Marine Special Forces operator who now provides elite-level training for endurance athletes, weightlifters, and adrenaline junkies all over the world.
If you’re an entrepreneur, athlete, hard-charger, or anywhere close to a Type A personality, this conversation about the struggle to find balance with our purpose, drive, and chasing dreams, while paying attention to recovery and relationships is for you.
George candidly talks about his struggles transitioning out of the military, the lessons he learned and how those experiences have made him a better coach for his athletes – and a better human.
We also talk about his experiment with polyphasic sleep, ditching the traditional 7-9 hour sleep period in favor of multiple shorter sleep phases throughout the day – a method used by geniuses like Tesla, Da Vinci, Churchill, Napoleon, and Edison to increase productivity.
What You’ll Hear From George Briones on the Better Human Project:
- The tough transitions in life, finding balance with purpose, relationships, and career.
- George talks about the critical moments that snapped him out of his funk and unhealthy lifestyle.
- Why we should wake up every morning like we’re trying to work our way up to the top.
- “Human beings are put on this earth to help push each other to become better.”
- Why George says we should get comfortable being uncomfortable and work to put yourself out of a job.
- Sleeping like Einstein: George’s polyphasic sleeping experiment, his pre/post bed routine and how he uses
- The 3 H’s to measure and monitor progress.
- George’s tips to #BeBetter and #DoBetter:
- Be kind, smile at everyone you see and ask someone if they need help.
- George B (@soflete_gb3) • Instagram
- SOFlete (@sofletehq) • Instagram
- SOFLETE Website
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- The Growth Mindset by Carol Dweck
- BHP 005: Mind Pump Media | Building A Business Empire
- Optimal Performance Podcast: The Ice Bath Q & A Episode
- Sleep: The Myth of 8 Hours, the Power of Naps… and the New Plan to Recharge Your Body and Mind by Nick Littlehales
- Sleep and alertness during alternating monophasic and polyphasic rest-activity cycles
- What Is Polyphasic Sleep—And Should You Try It?
- The Oxygen Advantage: The Simple, Scientifically Proven Breathing Techniques for a Healthier, Slimmer, Faster, and Fitter You by Patrick McKeown
- Prevalence and factors related to mouth breathing in school children at the Santo Amaro project
- Sleep, recovery, and metaregulation: explaining the benefits of sleep –
- DARREN HARDY (@darrenjhardy) • Instagram
- Rick Alexander (@run.lift.evolve) • Instagram
- Gary Vay-Ner-Chuk (@garyvee) • Instagram