Everything you need to know about Infrared Saunas.
A few weeks ago I posted a picture of our new in-home Infrared Sauna and it led to a ton of questions about the make, model, specs, and why we chose the one we chose…
So I invited Corey Smee & Dan Koven from Health Mates Saunas onto the BHP to help me with some of the details.
We talk about the benefits of Full Spectrum Infrared Sauna use:
- Boosts recovery
- Aids in pain relief
- Clears metabolic waste products
- Heavy metal detoxification
- Immune support
- Exercise mimetic
- Supports healthy cardiovascular system
- Lowers cholesterol and improves lipid profile
- Improves metabolic (mitochondrial) function
- And more
And we talk about why this unit & brand is the one in our house. This is not a paid podcast appearance. This is a product (and people) we trust because this unit is/has:
- Full spectrum Infrared Red light: what this means + the details on near, mid, and far infrared light
- Low EMF heating units: why this matters and how Health Mates Saunas are different
- Hottest IR unit: can get up to 170 degrees F
- No toxic glues or adhesives: because the health benefits are negated if we’re huffing toxins, right?!
- Real Red Cedar: naturally antimicrobial wood won’t let your sweat box get moldy!
We’ll get into the nitty gritty of all these details on the show – and more.
And you’ll even learn that NASA invented infrared saunas to support the cellular health of astronauts and to help them get the benefits of exercise in low gravity environments. So when you read those studies about how IR saunas are an exercise mimetic (favorable impacts on cholesterol & lipid profile) you won’t be surprised.
PRESS PLAY to tune in.
Links & Resources
- BLUblox.com <— SAVE 15% w/ code BHP
- Health Mates Saunas
- NASA and infrared light therapy
- Rhonda Patrick’s comprehensive Sauna research/article
- Sauna as Exercise Mimetic for Heart & Healthspan
Follow Ryan & The BHP
- Ryan Munsey | Website | Instagram
- Better Human Project on Instagram
- Master Your Mind Online Course
- F*ck Your Feelings on Amazon or Audible