Luke Storey has spent the last 21 years relentlessly exploring all corners of the earth in search of the ultimate lifestyle enhancements for performance, health, and fulfillment.
The host of The Life Stylist Podcast and founder of the School of Style, Luke is a fashion and lifestyle design expert known for his biohacking prowess and emotional intelligence.
In this episode of the Better Human Project, Luke and I skip the biohacking he usually talks about to have an open conversation about overcoming his addiction and anger issues, finding self-love and the principles that he uses to curate and cultivate a life of health, happiness and fulfillment.
Show Notes Episode 20 – Luke Storey
- Luke openly shares his story of addiction and the impact it had on his life. (5:37)
- The “cost to benefit ratio” that guides solid decision making. (12:00)
- Experiments and experiences with psychedelics and mind altering drugs. (15:40)
- Trauma, shame, and the tools Luke has put in place to get through the “pink cloud” in order to get in touch with his true self. (22:50)
- The quest for truths and intentional design of one’s life. (30:54)
- Luke’s non-negotiable principles for a great life. (34:34)
- The Witness Perspective: separating our mind from our physical environment. (38:00)
- Fear vs. anxiety and the truths that have the power to elicit change. (45:00)
- Tips from Luke to #BeBetter and #DoBetter:
- Self-love/accepting your own greatness
- Have the attitude of service. (49:57)
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- BHP 014: Jeff Castelaz | Music, Cancer, and Authentic Expression
- Support the Better Human Project Team!
- BHP 007: Josh Mantz | Overcoming Trauma Through Human Connection
- The Power of Fear: The Effect Of Threat On Perceived Proximity
- Fear of the unknown: One fear to rule them all?
- Joshua Mantz
- Rick Alexander (@rickalexander_) | Instagram