And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. – Paulo Coelho, in The Alchemist
Make The Call
If I may be so audacious as to offer a caveat to this statement from one of the world’s best-selling books of all time, I’d like to add that this truism is only a truism if we leave the proverbial sidelines and step onto the arena floor.
Opportunity doesn’t usually come knocking.
If and when it does, it typically “comes” to those who are out kicking down doors looking for and making their own opportunities. And it certainly doesn’t wear a name tag that screams “I am the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!”
Speaking of kicking down doors and making your own opportunities…
Pick your favorite motivational quote:
“Fortune favors the bold.”
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
“No guts, no glory.”
We’ve heard them all countless times.
Repeated wisdom however, is repeated for a reason.
And in this case, the fact remains: if we don’t call, ask, or try then it won’t happen.
Better to make them say no than to kill your own dreams by inaction.
If past experience is any indicator, we’ve got a better at getting a “yes” than we may have thought – especially if we approach them the right way.
In this BHP Short, I’m sharing some tips to help you increase your chances of getting the response you want and a proven template for your outreach calls and emails.
TUNE IN for a challenge that can turn your quarantine time into a growth phase that helps you set up and realize the opportunities you’ve been dreaming about. (HINT: Make the call. Send the email.)
Links & Resources
- 500 FREE Ivy League Classes
- Atomic Athlete’s Bodyweight COVID-19 Workouts
- Georgetown Sport’s Performance At-Home Workouts
- AntiFragile: Systems That Gain From Disorder by Nassim Taleb
- BHP Shorts 071: Trends, Black Swans and Momento Mori
- Donating Cash Instead Of Canned Goods To Food Banks
Follow Ryan & The BHP
- Ryan Munsey | Website | Instagram
- Better Human Project on Instagram
- Master Your Mind Online Course
- F*ck Your Feelings on Amazon or Audible