Mind Pump Media is one of the leading voices in raw, unfiltered, no-BS health and fitness information. They’re also incredibly savvy and successful businessmen.
In an industry rife with misleading information, ulterior motives, even outright deception, Mind Pump’s intentionally unfiltered – and unapologetic – approach resonates with an audience hungry for the truth.
In this episode of the Better Human Project, I sit down with the trio of Sal Di Stefano, Adam Schafer and Justin Andrews in Mind Pump’s San Jose, CA studio to find out how they’ve built such a massive media company in the last 3 years and what lesson other creators, leaders, and businesses can learn from their approach.
Show Notes: Mind Pump Media | Building a Business Empire
- It starts with a vision – how Mind Pump predicted, then created their future.
- Providing entertainment and education at the same time…How the guys filled a need in the health/fitness space that really took off.
- YouTube = The biggest mistake Mind Pump made?
- The Mind Pump Formula for unrivaled content creation.
- Winning as a team. Don’t let emotions get in the way.
- Mind Pump’s future…
- Playing the game and standing out – How MP is able to succeed in a noisy, saturated market.
- The bigger the trend is, the more exciting it is to talk about.
- “A lot of people thinking what we are thinking, but not saying it.” Do not be afraid to call things (or people) out.
- Be so good they can’t ignore you. Develop authority with integrity. How Mind Pump built an audience/community.
- Just because you have followers, doesn’t mean it converts into dollars.
- True net worth is your network. How Mind Pump cultivates relationships with each guest/influencer they have met and the impact on their businesses.
- How social media is changing connection and interaction
- The book that changed the game for Adam Schafer as a manager/leader
- How can we be a Better Human? The guys share their tips:
- Stop focusing on the things you are not good at and focus on the things that make you great.
- Learn to love the process.
- You can learn from anyone.
- Self-awareness. Dive into state changes and unpack why something bothered you.
- Being open minded. Listen with the understanding that you may be right or may be wrong.
- Mind Pump Media
- Mind Pump TV | YouTube
- MindPump (@mindpumpmedia) • Instagram
- Adam Schafer (@mindpumpadam) • Instagram
- Sal Di Stefano (@mindpumpsal) • Instagram
- Justin Andrews (@mindpumpjustin) • Instagram
- Doug Egge (@mindpumpdoug) • Instagram
- Mind Pump | Facebook
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- My previous interview with Mind Pump
- Hit Makers: The Science of Popularity in an Age of Distraction – Derek Thompson
- The Defiant Ones – Official Website for the HBO Series
- Entrepreneurs on Fire with John Lee Dumas
- The One Minute Manager – Ken Blanchard and Spencer Johnson
- The Business of Being Born
- The Business of Being Born (Documentary)
- Pitocin Induction: What Are the Risks and Benefits?
- Why the C-section rate is much higher than it should be in US
- TheFighterAndTheKid (@thefighterandthekid) • Instagram
- Layne Norton, PhD (@biolayne) • Instagram
- Jim Stoppani, PhD (@jimstoppani) • Instagram
- Tom Bilyeu (@tombilyeu) • Instagram
- Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) • Instagram
- Joe Rogan (@joerogan) • Instagram
- Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfieldfitness) • Instagram
- Mike Matthews (@muscleforlifefitness) • Instagram
- Paul Chek (@PaulChek) | Twitter
- Christina Rice | Health Coach (@addicted_to_lovely) • Instagram