Perry Nickelston, DC, NKT, FMS, SFMA, is a Chiropractic Physician with primary focus on Performance Enhancement, Corrective Exercise, and Metabolic Fitness Nutrition and he runs one of my favorite Instagram accounts – Stop Chasing Pain.
He is one of the leading practitioners in self care education for chronic pain and inflammation, with a focus on lymphatics, blood flow, and the vagus nerve.
If you have any kind of nagging pain or injuries, this is a MUST-LISTEN episode!
Some of the topics Perry and Ryan discuss:
- Every man over 35 needs to pay attention to THIS!
- How emotional distress &/or trauma can impact physical health and healing
- How – and why – we create coping mechanisms that become wired into habits and patterns
- Why we repeat bad habits – even when we know they’re not “healthy”
- Pain is an output, not an input. It is protection, not punishment.
- Pain also means we need a change: We cannot get well in the same environment in which we became ill.
- Why pain is a sign that body is low on oxygen somewhere
- Transcending the siloed “systems” approach: the muscular, skeletal, nervous, respiratory & other systems are all interrelated
- Why the lymphatic system is the new fascia (in terms of fads/focal points)
- And much, much more
- Perry’s Top Tips to
- BE Better
- DO Better
PRESS PLAY to TUNE IN to this great episode.
Links & Resources
- Follow Stop Chasing Pain: Instagram | YouTube | Website
- Lymphatic & other Mojo Events with Dr. Perry
Follow Ryan & The BHP
- Ryan Munsey | Website | Instagram
- Get Ryan’s newsletter, The Pursuit
- Read or listen to Ryan’s book, F*ck Your Feelings on Amazon or Audible
- Fuel The Pursuit: Website | Instagram
- Master Your Mind Online Course
BHP Supporters & Discount Links
- Use the code MUNSEY to save 20% on NSNG Foods Ultra Fat (One of my favorite snacks: Almond Butter + Coconut Oil & Electrolytes)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS