Todd White is all heart. He’s also a savvy leader and businessman.
His company, Dry Farm Wines has grown over 6000% in the last 2 years and is one of the fastest growing companies in the US. In this episode, we explore his unique leadership style and the radical departure from the normal work day that fuels the success of this rapidly growing organization.
It starts with a daily group meditation, includes a compressed work day (11am – 6pm), no work emails outside of those hours, no work emails on weekends, and unlimited vacation and unlimited expense accounts.
How is this possible?
It’s all built on self-love, self-respect, respect for others, peace and simplicity. And meditation. Did we mention meditation?
This is just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to leadership and unconventional work/life balance, we also discuss pulling the mask off of masculinity, regaining our birthright innocence and self directed responsibility.
Todd White is a special human. He’s the master of peace, love, abundance, and simplicity and he’s one of those magnetic people that you want to be around as often as possible. Enjoy this hour with Todd.
- DFW has grown 6,000% in the past few years. It’s one of the fastest growing private companies in the US. Todd explanation? Meditation. The “work” day begins at 10am with a one hour group meditation before the whole team starts work at 11am.
- Building a team: a termination whether involuntary or voluntary is always the fault of management. You either hired wrong or failed to lead them in the right direction.
- “Integrity is what we do when no one else knows.”
- DFW employees have unlimited time off and unlimited expense accounts – as long as the requests you make for either are self respecting, respectful of colleagues and respectful of the organization.
- Hear Todd talk about maintaining the integrity of a peaceful inbox and how he has set up the communication protocols for his team.
- “People often times confuse being busy with being successful”
- “Money should be the outcome of value that you’re creating not the reason you do something.”
- Another leadership lesson: get out of the way of smart people. Enable the people on your team to excel.
- Todd has changed his labeling of “work” to “create.” Work is something that’s arduous whereas creating is something beautiful.
- Giving employees space to be vulnerable and express love is a powerful tool during the daily meditations.
- The pinnacle of health for Todd is a peaceful mind.
- Best advice? Forgive yourself.
- Be Better Do Better – 52:04
- Bonus conversation – 54:25
Links & Resources
- Try Dry Farm Wines for 1 Penny (yes, $0.01)
- Dry Farm Wines on Instagram and Facebook
- More Podcasts with Todd White:
- David Hawkins Books: